With Tranformers the movie ready to be unleashed on planet earth, here is my top 5 list of other animated series worthy of live action movies.
1. G.I. Joe – I use to live for this 80’s animated series. How cool would it be to see Duke, Snake Eyes, Destro, Cobra Commander and others on the big screen. Regardless of your political views, the series, with dynamic characters and interesting, yet familiar plots, still has something to offer the modern world.
2. Voltron (Lions) – This would totally be a winner movie. With commander Keith and the crew fighting galactic evil. They could totally use the plot of how Princess Allura replaces Sven as the pilot of the Blue Lion. That would be a tragic story, with an inspiring ending.
3. Silverhawks – What more can you ask for partly metal, partly real heroes fighting an alien mobster. I mean come on Col. Blue grass plays a sonic guitar, how cool is that. The visuals in this move would be killer.
4. Thundercats – This series incorporated a mixture of sci-fi, fantasy, technology and magic. Lion-O and others flee their dying planet, Thundera, to find salvation in a new planet, Third Earth, to continue to their mission of upholding Justice, Truth, Honor, and Loyalty — the code of Thundera.
5. Carebears – Come on, magical bears that live in clowds. What more can you ask for. My favorite was bedtime bear because all he wanted to do was sleep…how zen.